• People


What if I forgot my ID?

Members must present a valid IU ID Card or Recreational Sports membership ID to enter the facilities. If you forgot your ID, you may purchase a day pass with a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. The cost of the day pass ($6 at the SRSC and $4 at the School of Public Health-Bloomington building) will be reimbursed if you bring in the day pass and your valid Recreational Sports membership ID within 30 days of the purchase.

Can I bill the bursar? What methods of payment do you accept?

Bursar billing is not available for any of our programs and services at this point. However, we do accept cash, check, and credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard & Discover).

Can I register and pay online for intramural sports, personal training sessions, yoga & Pilates sessions, etc.?

Although we anticipate being able to offer this in the future, currently we do not have on-line registration and payment capability for any of our programs or services. Please see a Member Services Associate at either the SRSC or School of Public Health-Bloomington building to register for our programs and services.

How do I get a locker and/or towel at the Wildermuth Intramural Center (School of Public Health-Bloomington)?

In order to rent a locker/towel at Wildermuth, you must first become a Member of Recreational Sports. To do so, please see the Member Service desk adjacent to the indoor track.

I am new to Campus Recreational Sports. While I notice that you offer video tours on the web, can I get a personal tour of the actual facilities?

Absolutely! When you arrive at either the SRSC or the School of Public Health-Bloomington building, just ask one of the informal sports staff members at the turnstile entrance to give you a tour of the facilities. They will be more than willing to show you around and answer any questions that you may have.

Can I bring a drink in with me while using Recreational Sports facilities?

Soft drinks, sports drinks, milk and etc. are not allowed past the turnstiles; however water is allowed. Water fountains are also located throughout the facilities for your convenience.

Where can I store my things at the facility while I work out – other than the lockers in the main locker rooms downstairs?

Day use lockers are available for members to use while working out. Locks can be brought in or checked out for free at the member services station. All locks remaining on day use lockers at the end of the day will be cut off. Recreational Sports is not responsible for items left unattended in our facilities.

How do I reserve a badminton or racquetball court for informal play with my friends?

All Recreational Sports members may call 812-855-SRSC to reserve a court during designated open play days. Check designated days at court reservation.

Where do I go to sign up for an intramural sport?

Members interested in playing intramural sports can sign up at either the SRSC or School of Public Health-Bloomington Member Services offices.

How can I get a job with IU Campus Recreational Sports?

First, attend one of IU Campus Recreational Sports’ monthly job opportunity sessions. Attendance at a job opportunity session is required for all applicants. You will learn about the different opportunities to work within the division and have the opportunity to meet with Recreational Sports professional staff to learn more about open positions. The next scheduled job opportunity session is found at here .

What’s the difference between club sports and intramural sports?

The Club Sports program provides a variety of opportunities for students to learn a new sport, make friends, keep fit and compete against other university clubs and or varsity teams. Club Sports are student-organized and student-led organizations that are open to students as well as the public regardless of skill, ability, or experience. Club Sports also conduct demonstrations, host seminars and compete in regional and national championships. Intramural sports also offer the opportunity to make friends, keep fit, and engage in varying levels of competition. However, intramural sports offer students a chance to participate in a variety of different sports in league-type play with IUB students and against IUB students. More information about club sports can be found at clubsports and the information about intramural sports is located here.

Can I use public transportation to get to the SRSC or School of Public Health-Bloomington?

Yes, public transportation via the Bloomington Transit bus route will bring you within walking distance of both the SRSC and the School of Public Health-Bloomington buildings. When going to the SRSC, passengers should use route 6 or C and get off at 10th and Union Streets. When going to the School of Public Health-Bloomington building, passengers should take route 6, C, or 1 and get off at the intersection of Woodlawn Avenue and 7th Street.

Is the SRSC handicap accessible?

Yes, the SRSC is handicap accessible. For more information go here.

Are spotters available to assist participants in the weight room?

Strength and Conditioning consultants are available at both the School of Public Health-Bloomington building (at the entrance to the Strength and Conditioning room) and the SRSC (at the Consultant Station in the Strength and Conditioning rooms) to act as spotters if needed.

I have a great idea! How do I share it with someone at Campus Recreational Sports?

Great! We would love to hear your ideas. Please fill out a comment card and put it in a comment card box. Comment cards and boxes are located at the North Fee Lane fields, the lobby of the SRSC, and near Member Services in the School of Public Health-Bloomington building.

February 9 Battleship, 4x4 Volleyball, Table Tennis Deadline

February 18 Group Swim Lesson Deadline

February 23 - 27 Celebrate EveryBODY Week