S&C Locations and Equipment
This fall we have opened over 10,000 square feet of new strength & cardio space at Campus Recreational Sports facilities, including a 3200 square foot cardio/circuit gym at the Wildermuth Intramural Center (WIC) and a new 7200 square foot strength gym at the Student Recreational Sports Center (SRSC).
Key additions and features of these expanded spaces include:
CARDIO/CIRCUIT GYM @ WIC
- Open all day, every day for participant use
- 26 brand new pieces of cardio equipment
- Strength circuit & light weights
- Functional trainers
- 400+ square feet of open stretching/core space
CARDIO/CIRCUIT GYM @ SRSC (located in the upper level)
- 152 pieces of cardio equipment
- 1000+ square feet for stretching, core, and body weight exercises
- Two strength circuits
STRENGTH GYM @ SRSC (located on the main level)
- 7200 square feet of new space
- 780 square feet of free weight space (180 square feet addition!)
- Benches, & Olympic platforms, and NEW Matrix functional trainers
- Brand new kettlebells, TRX, and training ropes
- Space for stretching, core, and body weight exercises
In the future we will be making some additional enhancements to the strength gym at the SRSC including adding both wall mirrors and music and an upgrade to the existing drinking fountains. We will also continue to evaluate the layout and additional equipment needs.
Participant feedback was an integral part of this expansion and we welcome any thoughts and feedback you have about the spaces. Feel free to email us
any additional thoughts or concerns.