Facility Closures and Updates
Wildermuth Intramural Center Summer Projects
- Work will continue on the masonry and tuck pointing project. The contractor will spend the summer installing new mortar between the limestone blocks to prevent further leaks. This work should not impact your participation. There may be times when you may be redirected to an alternate entrance to avoid a work site.
- Work is underway to replace a large portion of the School of Public Health roof. The target completion date is August 15. Again, there should be no interruption to your participation. There may be a need to redirect you to different entrances to avoid a work site.
- Royer Pool had work completed in May and the lap pool is now open. The Diving Well will remain closed until further notice for additional repairs.
SRSC Summer Projects
- The first phase of the Counsilman/Billingsley Aquatic Center (CBAC) roof replacement and ventilation system upgrade is expected to be completed by August 15. There should be no CBAC closure during the roof replacement.
>- We are excited for planned improvements to the men's and women's locker rooms at the SRSC. This project is slated to begin July 19 and will be completed in mid August. We will be installing new lockers, lighting, sinks, fixtures and partitions. We are working with the Athletics Department to allow you to use their locker rooms during the RS locker room closure. Please contact Steve Heeter, email@example.com, by July 5 if you would like to move into the varsity locker room during the closure or to the WIC locker room. All locker room users will be to remove items from your lockers prior to July 16.
- The CBAC will be closed August 4 - 15 to complete tile work, general maintenance and repairs. Additional pool house will be scheduled at Royer Pool and Pool 194.
- SRSC Multi-Sport is closed until June 27 to repair a portion of the wood floor damaged by water.
Woodlawn Fields Summer Project
- Woodlawn Fields served as the home of our Intramural Sports program this past year and will continue to serve that purpose until the new Recreational Sports Field Complex is completed. To keep the fields playable during the intensive Intramural Sports season (September - April) we will be adding new sod to replace the severely damaged turf. The fields will be closed most of the summer to give the grass time to get firmly established before fall. The track will be open throughout the summer.