Marketing Department Positions
Provides in-house marketing and promotion support to all program areas listed.
General Information: The marketing assistant is a part-time hourly position in the Marketing Department of the Campus Recreational Sports that provides general support to the Marketing Director; including managing and implementing the distribution of marketing materials on and off campus, promoting the Campus Recreational Sports through personal selling and public speaking, coordinating media relations with the IDS, and providing clerical support in the office.
- Distribution of Marketing materials
- Create a literature/materials storage, tracking and distribution system for the SRSC and HPER and IMU literature racks; track quantities, place reorders, maintain neat appearance of racks, keep materials current; remove outdated or unauthorized materials; transport materials between the 3 locations.(position requires heavy lifting of boxes of materials)
- Distribute program area flyers, brochures, posters, door hangers, pamphlet holders etc. to on campus academic and residence hall buildings and groups as requested or according to a scheduled plan; Track effectiveness of distribution and make recommendations for improvement;
- Assist with SOS distribution of materials in January/February.
- Distribute materials to off-campus locations; research and determine which locations, distribute materials and track results.
- Responsible for the distribution of 30,000 Guides to Recreational Sports
- Personal Selling /Campus Canvassing
- Public speaking/selling programs and services to individuals, small groups, and large groups (at health fairs, festivals, resource fairs for freshman, freshman orientation during summer, summer graduate student orientations)
- Research, make and confirm arrangements, and present to graduate student orientations in August/September.
- Market Division Recfest (August) to freshman via flyers and personal selling;
- Assist with setup and personal selling at RecFest.
- Design semester (summer) long plan to campus canvass in academic buildings and residence halls; organize materials and staff tables
- Media Relations with IDS
- Develop topics, research and write and send out press releases for all program areas within the organization to the IDS and H-T when relevant.
- Develop, produce copies, package and distribute press kits
- Maintain contacts with the IDS editors, sports editors, sports writers, and Happenings section of the IDS; track changes in staff and report to organization.
- Assist with tracking printed IDS ads and paying IDS bill
- Clerical Support
- Filing/cataloging photographs and newspaper articles
- Copying, faxing, MAXI duplicating, typing, email
- Mailing out boxes of Guides, bulk mailings
- Running errands on and off campus
- Assist with set up for special events
- Assist with focus group arrangements
Marketing Assistant, Graphic Artist
General Information: The marketing assistant, graphic artist is a part-time hourly position in the Marketing Department of the Campus Recreational Sports, that provides computer generated graphic design and photography support to the Coordinator, Promotions/Publicity;
Specific Responsibilities:Projects include scanning photographs, designing flyers and IDS ads, assisting with photography studio sessions, taking photographs on site, creating displays, assisting with multi-media projects, maintaining resource file of photographs, assisting with design of special event materials, producing schedules, creating logos, and assisting with production of other full-color, printed marketing materials.
Computer Skills Required:
Proficient in the use of Apple Macintosh computers and InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and email.
Working knowledge of Word, ExcelAbility to learn and or recommend new applications as necessary